Top 10 Reasons Why HAL Killed the Crew
Still a few bugs in understanding ambiguous commands, especially bit-level commands.
Franks a bit higher command could have meant increase the volume instead of raise the tanning table,
so he did both just to be sure. Take me in a bit was interpreted as a request to
be deceived. And Frank did ask to be made a bit flatter.
Emergency Manual Revival Instructions:
1) Pour 150cc's of strong coffee into IV.
2) Shake patient's shoulder vigorously.
3) Shout 'rise and shine' in a cheery voice.
4) Slap patient's face. Repeat as needed.
5) If hibernation continues: 500cc's of ice water.
©1999 by Bob Kanefsky. Feel free to link, but do not distribute this HTML.
Click below for a version you may email or post wherever you like.
You are here:
> Humor > 2001 >